Donor & Community Engagement Coordinator
The Saanich Peninsula Hospital & Healthcare Foundation’s (SPHHF) mission is to provide up-to-date facilities, innovative programs, and proactive solutions, to support the health, wellness, and sustainability of the Saanich Peninsula and the Southern Gulf Island communities.
SPHHF is looking for a positive and hardworking individual to join our small but mighty Philanthropy team. The Donor & Community Engagement Coordinator will support community fundraising and donor stewardship events and activities (Donor Teas and Receptions, Canada Day parade, the Bed Races on Beacon, and our Annual Gala). The position will help develop the event experience for our supporters, participants, volunteers and sponsors. This position requires the orchestration and hands-on involvement in all logistic activities.
The successful applicant will bring excellent communication skills and a natural relational approach to their interactions in both written and verbal communication, alongside a strategic outlook, excellent organizational skills, and high attention to detail. The successful applicant will be a strong multi-tasker with excellent communication and customer-service skills along with a positive attitude. Strong computer skills are essential. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
To successfully contribute to our vision and mission, we need someone who will:
- Logistically prepare for each event including but not exclusive of event staging, promotional support, entertainment, venue, event entertainment.
- Prospect sponsorship opportunities and maximize the fundraising potential of the events.
- Provide on-going fundraising and administrative support to staff, participants, donors, teams, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Actively recruit and coach teams for the Bed Races on Beacon.
- Engage with the business community including presentations
- Manage and support the events on the day-of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating, organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
- Support the development of the social media campaign and marketing of SPHHF events.
- Volunteer recruitment and development
- Work with the Philanthropy Team to support donor engagement activities.
- Work with the Director of Philanthropy Team to pursue donor engagement activities.
- Analyze donor retention & engagement results to ensure we are meeting SPHHF standards for donors.
- Collaborate with the team to deepen and deliver the appropriate recognition and stewardship to enhance the donor experience, meaningfully thank donors and maintain relationships to increase retention and giving.
- Help manage donations, record keeping, and financial support associated with these events.
- Assist in creating the database history through records development and stewardship activities in our Raiser’s Edge database system.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University degree or professional certification in fundraising or related business discipline.
- Three to five years’ experience in donor relations, customer experience, special events, revenue development, project management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience and a sound knowledge of a comprehensive fundraising program an asset.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other CRM software, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Jan.Buehler@sphf.ca by 4 pm on Sunday Feb 23, 2020