The Saanich Peninsula Hospital & Healthcare Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Office Administrator, who reports to the President. The successful applicant will be highly organized, a master multi-tasker and database specialist; someone who has excellent communication skills and a positive attitude. Candidates should be able to handle a fast-paced office, assist visitors to the Foundation by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace. This position must be able to work independently and be a self-motivator. This position also provides extensive support to the Director of Finance, and works closely with the Director of Philanthropy.
It is essential that the candidate is experienced with customer database software (Raiser’s Edge preferred), MS Office, basic financial administrative support, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, the Administrative Assistant should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others. The successful candidate will be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly.
To successfully contribute to our vision and mission, we need someone who has:
- 3+ years’ recent related administrative experience, ideally with a non-profit society in Canada;
- 1+ years basic accounting support experience and/or education;
- Post-Secondary Diploma or degree in related field;
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Proficiency in the use of databases (e.g. Raiser’s Edge), and generating reports;
- Process and systems-orientation;
- Great customer service skills;
- Strong copy-editing skills;
- Ability to work independently, and manage time effectively;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love of working in a team environment;
- Experience volunteering or working within the non-profit environment preferred;
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends at special events (4-5 per year);
- Exceptional attention to detail with high degree of accuracy;
- A reliable source of transportation
The salary offered is commensurate with experience and education.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your aptitude and interest in this position by end of day Wednesday August 26 to email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants; however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.