Efficiency and Effectiveness are our Watchwords
Our small staff works hard to make the best use of your contributions, because they are gifts (in the truest sense of the word) in support of better community healthcare.
To the right are highlights from our most recent financial statements, which we invite you to compare with other charities. You can do this by going to the Canada Revenue Agency’s charities listings.
Highlights from the
2018-19 financial statements:
Donations – $4,747,474
Events – $66,849
Investment, rental income and other – $635,534
Total Revenue – $5,449,857
Total Grants to SPH – $2,283,379
Total Grants to Shoreline Medical Society – $981,696
Expenses as a % of revenue – 14%
Total Expenses – $786,076
Total Funds invested at year-end* – $13,998,879
Donor Support Successfully Brings More Doctors to the Peninsula
When the 2018-19 fundraising campaign launched, we weren’t sure how donors would respond. For the first time we were taking our fundraising goal outside the hospital, to support the recruitment and retention of family doctors. Now, at the end of the campaign, we are incredibly proud to see the results.
- Physician coverage of Acute and Long-Term Care at SPH has improved;
- Shoreline Medical Brentwood – new clinic space renovated and opened (February 2019);
- Shoreline Medical Sidney – renovations almost complete, greatly expanding the clinic space to accommodate new physicians and walk-in clinic (the only one in Sidney);
- New doctors – three coming to Sidney over the next four months;
- Pre-retirement – two doctors, planning to retire in the next three years, have joined Shoreline Sidney. Their patients will be cared for, after the doctors retire and replacements are recruited;
- Third clinic site, near the hospital in Saanichton – the search continues.
While we worked hard to raise funds for our hospital,
we also helped in other ways…
We provided continuing support to Palliative Care, Acute Care and Extended Care staff, as well as volunteers, to attend additional training and local conferences to further their knowledge and skill sets. In addition, we administered a small education support program for staff to expand their on-the-job abilities.
We held staff and volunteer appreciation events, to let them know how much we value both their skills and their caring attitude.
This summary is not meant to replace our audited financial statements, which are available by download below or by calling 250-652-7531.