Your caring gift to the Emergency Response Fund provides a rapid response to emerging needs from our dedicated healthcare workers and patients. We had no budget to cover this pandemic, but your support of the Emergency Response Fund will:
- Support the hospital in its response to this emergency;
- Champion high-quality care for our patients and community;
- Ensure that our patients receive both the material and emotional support they need;
- Help with safe working practices and materials in our hospital;
- Prepare in case there is a second wave of COVID-19.
The public health crisis has changed our lives dramatically, upending our community emotionally, medically, logistically and financially. Your Saanich Peninsula Hospital is truly on the front lines of delivery services at this critical time. The health and safety of our hospital staff, patients and community is our highest priority.
I know how deeply you care for our hospital and community. Thank you.
What You Can Do
Please give to our Emergency Response Fund. Click here or call 250-889-6965. There is a total restriction on visitors to the Saanich Peninsula Hospital – so please mail cheques to our Sidney office:
9710 Third Street
What your donations have achieved so far
You are making miracles happen, right here on the Peninsula. So far, your donations have provided:
- A hand held ultrasound with an iPad and plastic case for The Emergency Room that allows doctors to easily sanitize and is custom-designed to help diagnose Covid-19;
- Funding for temporary housing for clinic staff who must to self isolate;
- An emergency supply of protective masks and hand sanitizer;
- 9 computer tablets for Long-term Care and Acute Care in order to facilitate “Virtual Visitations”;
- “Cinch” bags for 600+ hospital workers’ scrubs;
- Water bottles for the hospital healthcare workers;
- 9 fold-up beds for Mount Newton Seniors Centre to use for those who may need to borrow it when taking care of their elders;
- 2 change tents for healthcare workers in Long-term Care;
- Waterproof cases for the computer tablets for “virtual visits” to keep them clean;
- 300 spray bottles to dispense the hand sanitizer that local businesses donated;
- Equipment to allow for in-house exercise therapies and other similar video capabilities for our Long-term Care residents;
- Purchase TVs, DVD players and carts to encourage residents in Long-term Care to exercise and stay connected to the outside world;
- Plastic room dividers so families can have a little more privacy during their “window visits” with loved ones in Palliative Care;
- Face shields for frontline workers like the doctors and MOAs at Shoreline Medical Society;
- Built a platform outside the main window of Long-term Care so that families are more comfortable window-visiting loved ones (and don't have to balance on rocks!);
- Special carts for supplies and a TV and DVD player with cable for some entertainment for those new patients who must self-isolate.
- Funding to support an increase in hours for the therapist who is working so hard to facilitate window and virtual visits.
- Treats to say thanks to those who work so hard keeping us safe.
- A thank you banner outside the hospital that says “Heroes work here”
No clinician will ever call himself or herself a hero. They see this as their duty and their calling. Fears don’t stop them from showing up, day after day, to care for patients. And it’s our turn now, more than ever, to show up and support our heroes.
We created a special little video for you, in it, Karen Morgan explains how the Foundation is working closely with doctors and healthcare experts to put your gifts to work. Consider this our virtual hug to you!
Pledged of $100000.00 goal
Funding ends Mar 31/2021
You are part of the Saan Pen family
We will continue to communicate with you during this difficult time, sign up for our updates here. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do for the Saanich Peninsula Hospital, and for all you are doing for your community as we face this unprecedented moment in our lifetimes.
Yes! Sign me up for updates and communications.